Call for Proposals
Financial support to local CSOs for implementing community-based projects
Deadline for submission of applications is:
June 29, 2018
Forum for Civic Initiatives (FIQ) and the Institute for Development Policy (INDEP), are implementing the project “Fostering sustainable organizational development for CSOs in Kosovo" funded by The European Union Office in Kosovo. The project started in February 2018 and includes a range of activities that will be implemented during a three-year period with a focus on the empowerment of local CSOs and the creation of coalitions for addressing local grown issues.
The overall Objective of this call, respectively the financial support scheme, is the empowerment of local CSOs and the creation of coalitions for addressing local grown issues. The Specific Objective of this call is to enhance the active and sustainable involvement of local CSOs in policy making at all levels of governance in selected priority areas of intervention through offering direct financial and technical assistance.
Priority areas of intervention are: 1. Democracy and Good Governance, 2. Education, Employment and Social Policies, 3. Youth and Volunteering, 4. Rule of Law and Human Rights
- 15 grants for community-based projects will be awarded to third parties. Minimum amount for financial support is 3500 EUR and the maximum amount is 4000 EUR. The funding will cover 100% of the total project budget.
- 4 matching grants will be awarded to 4 thematic coalitions of Local CSOs (grant amount up to 8500 € per coalition). The funding will cover 80% of the total project budget, and the coalitions will be responsible for ensuring co-funding by other public, private or donor entities. This will be a closed call for applications, open only to beneficiary CSOs of this Call for Proposals.
Who can apply?
- Be non-profit-making, association, foundation, education institution, youth groups legally constituted in Kosovo;
- Be a legal person registered at least one year before this call is launched;
- Be able to provide registration documents of the organization (certificate of registration, fiscal number certificate) and proof they have completed all obligations towards the state, including Tax Administration, bank account information)
- Be able to prove previous experience in implementing projects similar or related to the proposed area of intervention (expected delivery of samples of work implemented);
- Must have annual budget lower than 30,000 EUR.
Gjakovë/Ðakovica – 25th of April
Mitrovice/Mitrovica – 26th of April
Gllogoc/Glogovac – 8th of May
Ferizaj/Uroševac– 10th of May
Pejë/Peć – 25th of May
Kaçanik/Kačanik – 22nd of May
Prizren/Prizren – 7th June
Podujeve/Podujevo – 12th of June
Prishtinë/Priština – 19th of June
Gjilan/Gnjilane – 21st of June
Questions regarding the propositions of the Call for Proposals, as well as all applications can be written and submitted in either Albanian, Serbian or English language.
The applications MUST be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 June 2018, at 24:00.
All questions and answers as well as other important notices to applicants will be published on FIQs and INDEPs official websites, no later than 7 days before the deadline (29 June 2018) for the submission of applications.